Quick Summary ⚡️
1. Start small and focus on making tiny, incremental improvements to your habits each day to achieve long-term results.
2. Create a system of habits that supports your goals and values, and use habit stacking to build new habits on top of existing ones.
3. Make your habits attractive and enjoyable to increase motivation and increase the likelihood of sticking to them.
4. Visualize the outcomes you desire to increase focus and drive, and use them as motivation to maintain good habits.
5. Develop an identity-based habit system to create lasting change and align your habits with who you want to be.
6. Use environment design to make good habits easy and bad habits hard, and set yourself up for success.
7. Develop a habit of tracking your progress to stay motivated and see the impact of your efforts.
8. Use temptation bundling to pair something you enjoy with a habit you want to develop, and make it easier to stick to.
9. Embrace the idea that small changes can lead to big results over time, and focus on making consistent progress rather than seeking instant gratification.
10. Practice self-compassion and embrace failure as part of the learning process, and use it as an opportunity to refine and improve your habits.
Other Details ℹ️
Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits–whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal.
Get a free downloadable PDF version
Hello there! I’m Bren Kinfa, maker of SaaS Bookshelf. I build useful resources for SaaS founders, entrepreneurs, and marketers.
As a subscribed member of my list, I’ll send you a free downloadable version of all the books and their key takeaways in PDF format that you can keep forever.
You’ll also get notified when I launch the next resource