Radical Candor: How to Get What You Want by Saying What You Mean: How to be a great boss without losing your humanity
Quick Summary ⚡️
1. Embrace “”Radical Candor”” by balancing honesty and caring in your communication with employees.
2. Lead with empathy by understanding and relating to the perspectives and emotions of your team.
3. Give specific and actionable feedback to help employees improve and grow.
4. Be transparent about your expectations and goals to help employees understand their role and responsibilities.
5. Lead by example by demonstrating the values and behaviors you expect from your team.
6. Foster open communication by encouraging and responding to feedback from employees.
7. Manage conflicts by addressing issues directly and finding common ground.
8. Support and encourage personal and professional growth for your employees.
9. Create a culture of trust and accountability by being honest and holding your team accountable.
10. Lead with kindness and humility, putting the needs and well-being of your team first.
Other Details ℹ️
March 23rd 2017
Radical Candor is the sweet spot between managers who are obnoxiously aggressive on the one side and ruinously empathetic on the other. It is about providing guidance, which involves a mix of praise as well as criticism, delivered to produce better results and help employees develop their skills and boundaries of success.
Great bosses have a strong relationship with their employees, and Kim Scott has identified three simple principles for building better relationships with your employees: make it personal, get stuff done, and understand why it matters.
Radical Candor offers a guide to those bewildered or exhausted by management, written for bosses and those who manage bosses. Drawing on years of first-hand experience, and distilled clearly to give actionable lessons to the reader, Radical Candor shows how to be successful while retaining your integrity and humanity. Radical Candor is the perfect handbook for those who are looking to find meaning in their job and create an environment where people both love their work, their colleagues and are motivated to strive to ever greater success.
Get a free downloadable PDF version
Hello there! I’m Bren Kinfa, maker of SaaS Bookshelf. I build useful resources for SaaS founders, entrepreneurs, and marketers.
As a subscribed member of my list, I’ll send you a list of the top book takeaways in PDF format that you can keep forever.
You’ll also get notified when I launch the next resource