Quick Summary ⚡️
1. Start with the basics: Acquire a basic understanding of finance, marketing, operations, and management.
2. Focus on understanding the customer: Identify customer needs and find ways to solve their problems.
3. Build a sales process: Create a sales process that consistently converts prospects into customers.
4. Manage finances effectively: Understand financial statements, budgeting, and cash flow management.
5. Make informed decisions: Use data and analytics to make informed business decisions.
6. Create a strong company culture: Develop a company culture that supports your goals and values.
7. Network for success: Build relationships with other business leaders and professionals to expand your knowledge and opportunities.
8. Embrace continuous learning: Stay informed about the latest developments in your industry and be willing to adapt to changes.
9. Focus on what matters: Identify your core strengths and focus your resources on what matters most.
10. Take action: Start taking steps to put your newfound knowledge into practice and make your business successful.
Other Details ℹ️
December 30th 2010 (first published December 1st 2010)
Master the fundamentals, hone your business instincts, and save a fortune in tuition.
The consensus is clear: MBA programs are a waste of time and money. Even the elite schools offer outdated assembly-line educations about profit-and-loss statements and PowerPoint presentations. After two years poring over sanitized case studies, students are shuffled off into middle management to find out how business really works.
Josh Kaufman has made a business out of distilling the core principles of business and delivering them quickly and concisely to people at all stages of their careers. His blog has introduced hundreds of thousands of readers to the best business books and most powerful business concepts of all time. In The Personal MBA, he shares the essentials of sales, marketing, negotiation, strategy, and much more.
True leaders aren’t made by business schools-they make themselves, seeking out the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to succeed. Read this book and in one week you will learn the principles it takes most people a lifetime to master.
Get a free downloadable PDF version
Hello there! I’m Bren Kinfa, maker of SaaS Bookshelf. I build useful resources for SaaS founders, entrepreneurs, and marketers.
As a subscribed member of my list, I’ll send you a free downloadable version of all the books and their key takeaways in PDF format that you can keep forever.
You’ll also get notified when I launch the next resource