Quick Summary ⚡️
1. Value as a Service (VaaS) is the future of business, where companies provide value beyond just a product or service.
2. Companies must focus on creating value for customers, not just selling a product.
3. VaaS requires a shift in thinking, from selling a product to selling outcomes, experiences and value.
4. To succeed with VaaS, companies must understand and focus on their customers’ needs, wants and desires.
5. Companies must work on building and maintaining strong relationships with their customers.
6. Companies must focus on creating value through the entire customer journey, not just at the point of sale.
7. Companies must invest in technology and data to measure and track the value they provide to customers.
8. Companies must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing customer needs.
9. Companies must invest in their people and culture, to support the shift to VaaS.
10. Companies must continuously innovate and experiment in order to continuously provide value to their customers.
Other Details ℹ️
August 26th 2016
Making predictions about the future is always tricky. But there is one prediction that author Rob Bernshteyn is quite confident in making: Across a host of industries, we will move to a model that he calls value as a service.
It is already common knowledge that many traditional-products companies are converting the delivery of their offerings to the as-a-service model. With the completion of this transition assumed, the coming disruption will focus less on the delivery model and more on the value delivered.
Value as a Service is the simple idea that measurable value delivered for customers will be the ultimate competitive battleground. Every customer will want to understand the exact value that they are being provided. They will want a quantifiable difference as they compare their options.
Is your business ready to embrace this coming disruption? Are you ready?
Get a free downloadable PDF version
Hello there! I’m Bren Kinfa, maker of SaaS Bookshelf. I build useful resources for SaaS founders, entrepreneurs, and marketers.
As a subscribed member of my list, I’ll send you a free downloadable version of all the books and their key takeaways in PDF format that you can keep forever.
You’ll also get notified when I launch the next resource