Winning with Data: Transform Your Culture, Empower Your People, and Shape the Future
Quick Summary ⚡️
1. Data-driven companies outperform those that rely on intuition and gut instincts.
2. A data-driven culture starts with leadership and must be embraced by everyone in the organization.
3. Data literacy is critical to success and all employees should be trained in data analysis.
4. Data should be at the center of all decision-making processes, from product development to marketing.
5. Companies should focus on collecting data that is relevant, actionable, and reliable.
6. Teams should regularly review their data and use it to drive continuous improvement.
7. Companies should be prepared to invest in the right tools and technology to support data-driven decision-making.
8. Data privacy and security must be a top priority.
9. Companies should strive for transparency and openness in their data practices.
10. Data-driven companies must also have a strong sense of purpose and values to guide their decision-making.
11. By following these takeaways, companies can create a culture that is data-driven and better positioned to make informed decisions that drive success and growth.
Other Details ℹ️
May 26th 2016
Winning with Data explores the cultural changes big data brings to business, and shows you how to adapt your organization to leverage data to maximum effect. Authors Tomasz Tunguz and Frank Bien draw on extensive background in big data, business intelligence, and business strategy to provide a blueprint for companies looking to move head-on into the data wave. Instrumentation is discussed in detail, but the core of the change is in the culture—this book provides sound guidance on building the type of organizational culture that creates and leverages data daily, in every aspect of the business. Real-world examples illustrate these important concepts at work: you’ll learn how data helped Warby-Parker disrupt a $13 billion monopolized market, how ThredUp uses data to process more than 20 thousand items of clothing every day, how Venmo leverages data to build better products, how HubSpot empowers their salespeople to be more productive, and more. From decision making and strategy to shipping and sales, this book shows you how data makes better business.
Get a free downloadable PDF version
Hello there! I’m Bren Kinfa, maker of SaaS Bookshelf. I build useful resources for SaaS founders, entrepreneurs, and marketers.
As a subscribed member of my list, I’ll send you a free downloadable version of all the books and their key takeaways in PDF format that you can keep forever.
You’ll also get notified when I launch the next resource